1 Information about processing of personal data
- We, the CADIS GmbH, offer our mobile application “cadisAPP“, as well as individualised versions of the cadisAPP under the names “IDS Driver” & “DB Schenker Fairs” (hereinafter referred to as “APP“), in addition to our software suite “cadis” to enable freight forwarders to process and document transport operations. The responsibility for the use of the APP lies with the freight forwarder. In principle, the APP cannot be used without registration. This registration is carried out via the freight forwarder (see our TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE). In the following, we would like to inform you about the processing of personal data when using our APP. Personal data is all data that can be related to you personally, e.g. name, address, e-mail addresses, user behaviour.
- The responsible party pursuant to Art. 4 (7) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is CADIS GmbH, Gutenbergstr. 5, 85716 Unterschleissheim, Germany, [email protected].
- When you contact us by e-mail or via a contact form, the data you provide (your e-mail address, name and telephone number, if applicable) will be stored by us in order to answer your questions. We delete the data accruing in this context – if the enquiry is assigned to a contract – after the time limits for the term of the contract; otherwise, after the storage is no longer required [usually after three years], or restrict the processing if there are statutory retention obligations.
- If we use contracted service providers for individual functions of our offer, we will always carefully select and monitor these service providers and inform you in detail about the respective processes below. In doing so, we also state the specified criteria for the storage period.
2 Your rights
1. You have the following rights regarding personal data relating to you:
- Right to disclose information held about you
- Right to the rectification or erasure of information held about you
- Right to the restriction of processing your data
- Right to object processing your data
- Right to data portability
2. You also have the right to lodge a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data with a supervisory authority, such as the data protection supervisory authority responsible for us: Landesbeauftragte für Datenschutz Bayern, Postfach 22 12 19, 80502 München, email: [email protected].
3 Processing of personal data when using our APP
- When downloading the APP, information about you is transferred to the Google Play Store, i.e., in particular, user-name, e-mail address, your Google account ID, time of download, payment information and the individual device identification number. In addition, the Google Play Store independently collects various data and provides you with analysis results. We have no influence on this data processing and are not responsible for it. We only process the data insofar as it is necessary for downloading the APP to your mobile device.
- If you wish to use our APP, we process the following data, which is technically necessary for us to offer you the functions of our APP, and to ensure stability and security, so that it must be processed by us. The legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f GDPR:
- IP address
- Date and time of the request
- Time zone difference from Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (page visited)
- Access Status/HTTP Status Code
- Data volume transferred per request
- Previously visited page
- Operating system
- Language and version of the browser software
3. To provide you the services of the APP, we also require your device identification. That is the unique number of your device (IMEI = International Mobile Equipment Identity – whereby this is collected for devices up to Android 10 only), the unique number of the network subscriber (IMSI = International Mobile Subscriber Identity), as well as device manufacturer and type of your smartphone and mobile phone number including location. The purpose of this data collection is the identification of your smartphone in the logistics centre of the freight forwarder, to fulfil the contractual purpose of the APP’s use. You will also be asked to enter your username and password for registration. The legal basis for this processing is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit b GDPR.
4. In addition to the previously mentioned data, more technical identifiers are used for various functions when you use our APP, in particular cookies, which can be stored on your device. Cookies are text files or information in a database that are stored in the device memory of your mobile device and assigned to the APP you are using. Cookies allow certain information to be sent to the party setting the cookie. Cookies cannot execute programmes or transfer viruses to your mobile device but are primarily used to make the internet offer faster and more user-friendly. This APP uses the following types of cookies, the functioning and legal basis of which we will explain below.
Transient cookies: Such cookies, especially session cookies, are automatically deleted when the APP is closed or by logging out. They store a so-called session ID. In this way, various requests from your client can be assigned to the same user session and your computer can be identified when you resume using our APP.
- Cookie “cadisSession”: ID of the user’s login session
Persistent Cookies: These are automatically deleted after a predefined period of time, which varies depending on the cookie. You can view the cookies and their expiration at any time in the settings of your browser and delete the cookies manually
Necessary cookies: These cookies or web storage objects are necessary to ensure the functioning of our app. The cookies serve security purposes and the provision of the functions of our product. The processing of this data is necessary in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. b) GDPR for performing the contract.
- Cookie “pairingtoken: ID of the mobile access issued by the freight forwarder (required for registration)
4 Using your address book, photos/camera or other data
1. When starting our APP, we ask you for permission to use your camera. If you choose not to grant this permission, we will not use this data. In this case, you may not be able to use all the functions of our APP. At any time you always can grant or revoke the permission later in the operating system under Settings → Apps → cadis → Permissions → Camera
2. If you allow access to your data, the APP will only access and transfer your data it to our server if necessary to provide the APPs functionality. Your data will be treated confidentially by us and deleted if you revoke the rights to use it or if it is no longer required to provide the services and there are no legal retention obligations that apply.
3. Images that you take from within the app will be collected by the APP and transmitted to the freight forwarder instructing you. The freight forwarders purpose for collecting images submitted by you are:
- Documentation of a damage to a shipment
- Scan of a barcode (e.g., to identify a handling unit)
Images of damaged consignments are transmitted to the freight forwarders logistics centre, images of barcodes are not.
4. Processing of the data requested by you when using the APPs functions is done in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f) GDPR.
5 Collection of your location data
1. While using the APP, your location will be collected. The purpose of this data collection is to provide the following functions/benefits:
- The documentation of the consignment statuses you have processed in the form of the place of delivery/collection
- The allocation of unscheduled pick-ups to you by the freight forwarder – vehicles close to a pick-up location are given priority when the order is dispatched
- Forecast your arrival time for remaining stops and the end of your trip.
2. The functions named above can only be provided after you have granted the permission that we can collect your location for the purpose of providing our service via the runtime prompt of the Android operating system. At any time you always can grant or revoke the permission later in the operating system under Settings → Apps → cadis → Permissions → Location
3. The legal basis for processing the data requested by you by when using the APP functions is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. a GDPR. The revocation of your consent is possible at any time without affecting the legal basis for the processing until the revocation. Of course, you can also contact [email protected] or our company postal address stated in our Imprint.
6 Data transmission to third parties
1. It may happen that we use commissioned service providers to offer individual functions of our APP. As with any larger company, we also use external domestic and foreign service providers to handle our business transactions (e.g., for IT, logistics, telecommunications, sales, and marketing). They will only act on our instructions and are contractually obliged to comply with the data protection provisions pursuant to Art. 28 GDPR.
2. The following categories of recipients, which are usually processors, may have access to your personal data:
- Service providers for the operation of our APP and the processing of data stored or transmitted by the systems (e.g., for data centre services, payment processing, IT security). The legal basis for the transfer is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. b or lit. f GDPR, insofar as it does not involve order processors.
- Government agencies/authorities, insofar as this is necessary to fulfil a legal obligation. The legal basis for the disclosure is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. c GDPR.
- Persons employed to carry out our business operations (e.g., auditors, banks, insurance companies, legal advisers, regulatory authorities, parties involved in company acquisitions or the establishment of joint ventures). The legal basis for the disclosure is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. b or lit. f GDPR.
3. Images and location data used for processing and documenting transport operations of the freight forwarder are passed to the freight forwarder. This corresponds to the intended use of the APP as a working tool for the provision of logistics services as part of the contractual relationship between the freight forwarder and you. The legal basis is 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. a GDPR.
4. In addition, we pass your personal data to third parties only if you have given your consent to do so in accordance with Art. 6 (1) p. 1 lit. a GDPR.
85716 Unterschleissheim – Germany
Email: [email protected]